Where Do We Stand?
We stand with the Word of God. We stand with our home church and pastor. We stand with WWNTBM.
1. The Word of God is the compilation of the 66 verbally inspired books of the Old and New Testaments perfect and without contradiction in their original articles and preserved and translated into the English language in the King James Version. We do not, however, use the KJV in Portuguese, but rather the best translation available translated using the same method and text families as the KJV.
2. The Bible states that God is the only deity worthy to be worshipped existing in His trinity of the three distinct persons God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. Each one is coequal and coeternal and each one possesses all the attributes of the one God. He is perfect in His justice, love, holiness, and compassion. He is the Almighty Creator of the universe and therefore the only Judge perfect in His judgments.
3. God’s Word declares that the universe and everything in it was created in six literal days in perfection “it was very good”. However, it was cursed because of the sin of Adam in the garden of Eden.
4. Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh. He was born of a virgin and was 100% God and 100% man. His death on the cross, burial in the tomb, and resurrection three days later was the complete payment for the pardon of the sin of mankind. His death, burial, resurrection and ascension were all literal.
5. The Holy Spirit is the One who convinces the sinner of his need for repentance. He indwells the saints from the moment of salvation and guides and teaches the believer as he grows in grace.
6. Man was the only part of creation made in the image of God, but deprived himself of the special relationship that he had with God because of his disobedience in the garden of Eden. Man is completely unable to merit salvation through any works of his own and therefore needs to repent of his sin and put his faith and trust solely in Christ and His finished redemptive work on the cross.
7. Salvation is only by grace through faith, and this salvation is secure in Christ for eternity and cannot be lost.
8. A believer publically proclaims his faith through the act of baptism by immersion which is the ONLY literal baptism in Scripture.
9. The church of Jesus Christ is only a local, visible body of baptized believers who have joined together to carry out the orders of the One who gave them His authority, Jesus Christ. Therefore we believe and replicate that pattern in our church planting endeavors establishing New Testament Baptist churches which are independent and fundamental.
10. In the Scripture we find two and only two offices in the church, pastors and deacons.
11. The Word of God teaches that a church should commemorate two ordinances, baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper.
12. Death is a reality and consequence of sin, but it is the literal hell that is the ultimate eternal destination of the unbeliever and the literal heaven is the ultimate eternal destination for the saints.
13. The Bible demonstrates that Jesus Christ will rapture the saints before the tribulation and millennial reign.
14. God’s Word rejects neo-orthodoxy, neo-evangelicalism, and ecumenical movements including, but not limited to the Pentecostal and charismatic movements.
If you have any questions, please, send me an e-mail.